Wood flooring is offered in a wide range of prices. The cost varies according to the following factors:
1. Species. Some woods are more rare than others and some may need to be imported from the further reaches of the globe.
2. Grade. The grade of the wood is determined by the amount of character marks like knots and streaks, and worm holes and color variation. The less marks, the greater the price.
3. Brand quality. Discount stores offer products that are cheaper- there’s no doubt about it. But, we have found that not all brands are alike. Some floors are so thin that they cannot be sanded even one time! Some are milled so poorly that they cannot be installed completely flat, or the pieces just don’t stay together.
We have researched hardwood flooring products for over a quarter of a decade, always on the lookout for the best products offering the highest value for the price. Our showroom is constantly changing as we strive to improve the products that we display.
Visit our Tampa showroom, by appointment, to view our huge variety of choices.
4. Quality of craftsmanship of hardwood flooring installers and finishers. There are many factors to consider when installing a wood floor, many of which can mean the difference between a successful or a failed floor. As one of the few Tampa Bay members of the National Wood Flooring Association, we are trained to assess & handle these factors so that the material you choose will look its best & wear well for you.
Sadly, we are too often the second hardwood flooring company on a project, correcting the work done by others.
5. Quality of administration of the wood flooring company.
Like any other business, some run smoothly and some do not. We restore our own historic houses and have to deal with many trades. We try to learn from their mistakes! We have a reputation for not making many of our own.
We protect your interests as homeowners by having proper insurance and stringent hiring policies.